Tuesday Museday #2: Solange

For the second installment of this series, I am going to focus on the style of Solange Knowles, also known as simply Solange. I've been following her on social media for about a year now and I find that her style just blooms. She looks amazing in every outfit she wears, pulling off bright colours and sleek cuts. Below are just a small selection of some of my favourite outfits she's sported.

C O L O U R B L O C K

This entire outfit is just colour-blocking heaven to me. It is a visual feast for my eyes, Solange just pulls of bold colour palettes so well. The coat is by Milly by Michelle Smith, which matches the feather clutch and works so well paired back with the orange turtleneck and pants. The last colour is the bubblegum pink pumps, matching her lip colour. This is an outfit that could very well stop traffic!

S E T S

Solange is a master of the matching prints, which is exemplified in this outfit. The entire outfit is by Flaminia Saccucci for her 2011 Graduation Collection (sans clutch and shoes). Her gold jewellery is by Cartier and her nude pumps are by Casadei. I love the fact that the bottoms are a half skirt half pant hybrid, it really meshes well with the popularity of asymmetric trends that have been going around lately.

R E T R O

This outfit definitely has that 70s Diana Ross/disco vibe about it. The outfit consists of a billowy, bright tangerine orange blouse and white wide-leg pants, both by Gucci. Solange's hair also fits well with the 70s vibe. The bright white paired with the orange creates a crisp, fresh look and actually reminds me a lot of summer and drinking mango smoothies!

S U I T S

This divine pink suit is another winner by Gucci, so chic and tailored. The masculinity of the suit cut is feminised by the skinny-leg pants and the shape of the blazer. This is the sort of outfit I'd don if I wanted an on point look for power dressing—it has all the right components to bring out the business woman in me, whilst also keeping that air of party as well. Business and party—the best of both worlds!

M A T C H I N G P A L E T T E

Oh my, the shades of red in this outfit are so on point! Not only can Solange colour block, but she can also match shades in the same colour range without making it look monotonous and boring. It is the textures in the pieces forming this outfit that provide that interest and break up any monotony—the fur coat contrasts with the ribbed material of the sweater and sleek, scuba-looking skirt. This look featured Carven's Pre-Fall 2015 collection (top and skirt) and Malone Souliers Montana lace up pumps in Mink Nappa/Coco Nappa.

A L L W H I T E

All white is alright! Haha sorry about that rhyme, corniness is my THAAAANG. The perforated tee gives off a very sports luxe vibe, whilst the matching 3.1 Philip Lim Spring 2014 tailored pants dress it up. The bold dark purple lipstick contrast with the all-white theme and really makes the white pop. All white can be a bit tricky to pull off as everyone knows that white is notorious for keeping clean, but I think it has the power to freshen up the wearer, looking crisp and sleek while keeping you cool in the summer.

Q U I R K Y

The print on this outfit is right up my alley. I think we have gathered by this stage that Solage is clearly a matching set queen. The top and skirt set is from Azede Jean-Pierre's Spring/Summer 2014 collection. I think that this off-beat print might be a little too creepy for some who may have a strong aversion to bugs, but I am not one of those people!

S I M P L I C I T Y

Last but definitely not least is her wedding gown, designed by Humberto Leon for Kenzo. The entire wedding was so beautiful and I loved the fact that it was not just the bride that wore white, but the guests also, shaking up the tradition that dates back to Queen Victoria's choice to wear a white wedding dress at her wedding to Prince Albert in 1840 (fun fact; I had no idea that this origin was only relatively recent!). The dress is structured with a draped cape overlay, falling to the floor. The gold cuffs really tie the look together, adding a little bit of glamour to the simplicity of the silhouette and design of the dress.

I hope you enjoyed this post and maybe Solange's style might inspire you as much as it has inspired me!

Until next time! x

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank-you for your comment ♥